Much of what is recommended is questionable at best, and not based on any actual science.
However, there are several natural methods that have actually been proven to work.
Here are 20 easy ways to lose weight naturally.
- Whey protein. Study shows that replacing part of your calories with whey protein can cause significant weight loss, while also increasing lean muscle mass.
- Resistance exercise. By lifting weights regularly, you’ll be able to prevent this loss in muscle mass.
- Eat more fiber. Foods that contain water-soluble fiber may be especially helpful, since this type of fiber can help increase the feeling of fullness.
- Get enough sleep. Studies have shown that sleep-deprived people are up to 55% more likely to become obese, compared to those who get enough sleep.
- Take probiotics. Probiotics may help regulate the healthy gut bacteria. They may also block the absorption of dietary fat, while reducing appetite and inflammation.
- Eggs in your diet. Eating eggs for breakfast may cause up to 65% greater weight loss over 8 weeks, compared to eating bagels for breakfast.
- Use coconut oil. Coconut oil may be especially helpful in reducing the harmful belly fat.
- Eat slowly. Chewing more slowly may help you eat fewer calories and increase the production of hormones that are linked to weight loss.
- Low carb diet. Limiting carbs and eating more fat and protein reduces your appetite and helps you eat fewer calories.
- More fruits and veggies. Numerous studies have shown that people who eat more fruits and vegetables tend to weigh less.
- Intermittent fasting. These methods make you eat fewer calories overall, without having to consciously restrict calories during the eating periods.
- Avoid liquid calories. Sugary soft drinks, fruit juices, chocolate milk and energy drinks are bad for health in several ways, including an increased risk of obesity.
- Drink water. Drinking 0.5 liters (17 oz) of water may increase the calories you burn by 24–30% for an hour afterward.
- Avoid processed foods. They are much more likely to cause addictive-like eating than unprocessed foods.
- Measure your portions. Keeping an eye on portions is an easier and more natural way to help start weight loss.
- Reduce sugar. Sugar can pop up in unlikely places, so make sure you pay careful attention to nutrition labels, so you’re not consuming hidden sugars.
- Drink coffee. Caffeine found in coffee has been shown to boost metabolism and help promote weight loss.
- Say no to fried foods. Fried foods have zero nutritional value, high in cholesterol, and is toxic to the body.
- No carbs after 7pm. If you have dinner post 7 pm, consume sauteed veggies, soup, stew, etc. to satiate your hunger.
- Make mall changes. Instead of changing everything you eat, try cutting portions by 10%.